Soup Patrol Volunteer - Geraldton
Job no: 493749
Work type: Evenings
Location: Regional WA
Categories: Various categories
- A minimum of one shift per month
- The Soup Patrol program operates in Geraldton every Tuesday and Saturday night
- Volunteers must be available from 3.45pm - 6pm
With a focus on individuals, groups and communities in vulnerable situations, volunteers of Soup Patrol Program deliver a free, nutritious evening meal to people who are homeless, socially disadvantaged or on very low incomes.
Volunteers must be over 18 and must have a valid driver’s licence. The Soup Patrol Volunteer is required to have excellent communication skills and an understanding and empathy for people from diverse backgrounds, at all times behaving in a completely impartial and non-judgmental manner.
Volunteers will need to:
- Collect soup and serve food provided to all clients
- Act in accordance with Australian Red Cross and Soup Patrol guidelines at all times
- Ensure all sections of the nightly questionnaire are completed accurately
- Clean all equipment and ensure the van, equipment and depot are all neat and tidy at the end of every shift
The Soup Patrol Volunteer positions will allow you to provide practical support to a diverse group of people, and the opportunity to give something back to the community in a friendly, relaxed environment. Red Cross supports people experiencing hardship to gain skills and knowledge, access resources and services and improve social participation.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description VRD - Soup Patrol - Geraldton.pdf or contact Kerriann Larsen on 08 9225 1970.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time