- Time requirements: 4 hours per week for 12 weeks (Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays 9am to 2:30pm only and flexibility over these days preferable)
A volunteer is matched with a parent, who is socially isolated from usual support networks, including multiple birth families and those experiencing Post Natal Depression or Anxiety. They undertake a weekly home visit to assist to build parent's confidence by skill building and role modelling and improve their wellbeing and resilience by assisting to link into their community.
Commitment to visit a family once a week for a 4 hour block for a 12 week period
- Volunteers adhere to boundaries set out by Family Support Service at Induction Training
- Volunteer assists parent/s with care tasks pertaining to the needs of babies and toddlers-feeding, settling, playing. Can also include assistance to attend appointments for parent or child. Linkage to community groups and supports. Assistance with light house duties e.g. folding, washing or meal preparation. Respite for parent to self-care or rest if required. DOES not include transporting family or babysitting in absence of parent.
- Be reliable and punctual. If unable to attend a visit due to illness or unavoidable circumstance, advise Family Support Office immediately.
- Report any incidents or concerns in relation to the family’s health, welfare or well-being to Family Support Office promptly.
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Reporting of arrival and departure from each visit by text message to Family Support Officer.
- Submission of weekly visit report.
- Attend all ongoing training where possible.
Building parent's confidence by skill building and role modelling and improve their wellbeing and resilience by assisting to link into their community.
For more information, please contact Shandi Blechynden on 0427 081 400 or firstname.lastname@example.org or see the volunteer role description below.
Family Support Volunteer - Bunbury & South West.pdf
Please note: you will be required to provide details for 2 professional references to submit this application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
We encourage all of our employees/volunteers to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and a number of states have mandated that Australian Red Cross employees/volunteer must be vaccinated to perform work for us. Please make sure that you are able to comply with these government requirements or have the appropriate medical exemption information available.