Back to search results
Community Garden Volunteer - Coffs Harbour
Role no: 497069
Availability: Business hours
Time involved: 1 - 4 hours per week
Location: Regional NSW
- Tuesdays (and other days if available)
- Coordinate the weekly weeding, maintaining and planning of growth and safety in the garden spaces with families, children and Red Cross staff and volunteers
- Build/Make garden signs and art projects for our space reflecting cultural inclusion (the knowledge and use of tools and gardening concepts would be preferred)
- Organising workshops with families and children about gardening in pots and garden beds
- Support in organising resources for the garden projects – seeking donations, sponsorship and community collaboration on projects
- To support the concepts of reducing waste, recycling and reuse of materials within our garden space.
Through your volunteering role we aim;
"to ensure children from refugee families have a safe and healthy start to life with age appropriate learning and life skills and that families have positive social connections including access to appropriate and responsive services."
Gain valuable experience working in the community with Culturally and Lingusitically Diverse CALD families while providing companionship and friendship to someone experiencing vulnerability. This role is suited to someone over the age of 18 who is a good listener, culturally sensitive and has a passion for gardening. Knowledge in reuse and recycling concepts in the garden and confident and capable use of gardening techniques and tools for basic construction of gardening ideas is required.
As a volunteer with our program, you will brighten the life of someone experiencing vulnerability by offering them company and support to engage in their local community. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description VRD Community Garden Volunteer - Coffs Harbour.pdf or contact Amanda Flack 0466 429 517
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note you will be required to provide details of two professional references to submit this application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend