Back to search results
Emergency Services Volunteer - Bundaberg
Role no: 496683
Availability: Business hours, Evenings, Mornings, Weekends
Time involved: Varied hours
Location: Regional QLD
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist us to prepare and support Queensland communities before, during and after a natural disaster.
- Ongoing Position
- Varied hours
Red Cross has been responding to emergencies and providing humanitarian assistance in Australia since 1914. We are committed to strengthening and extending our emergency aid services to assist all Australians prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies.
Emergency Services Volunteers help people affected by disaster by:
- Providing quality, practical and innovative information to help people make informed choices about preparing for, responding to and recovering from emergencies;
- Providing psycho-social support to people affected by emergencies;
- Registering people so that they can be found by family and friends in an emergency;
- Working in an Emergency Operations Centre or Field Operations team;
- Performing office-based activities to ensure that Red Cross is prepared and equipped to assist people prepare for, respond to or recover from emergency events
As an Emergency Services volunteer, you’ll help people to be better prepared, better connected to each other and more resilient when emergencies happen. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description below or contact Sneha Soy on 0478871953
VRD - ES General Volunteer -Bundaberg.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend