Back to search results
Audit and Risk Committee Member
Role no: 496376
Availability: Business hours, Evenings, Mornings
Time involved: As required
Location: Canberra, Sydney, Regional NSW, Darwin, Regional NT, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Regional WA, Regional QLD, Adelaide, Regional SA, Regional TAS, Hobart, Regional VIC
- Join the World's largest humanitarian network
- Two positions available on the Audit and Risk Committee
- The initial period of office is two years and may be elected for up to three continuous terms (i.e. six years)
The Audit and Risk Committee has embarked on a strategic review process to ensure that it has the capability, the skills and the right focus to support the Red Cross’s 2022 strategy.
The skills matrix has identified two areas needing strengthening, namely hands-on risk management experience and external audit and accounting standards knowledge.
We, therefore, are seeking two suitably qualified people to join the Audit and Risk Committee as independent Committee Members. You will either be:
- A Risk Management Specialist with significant experience gained from being part of, and also leading a risk management function within a large and complex organisation; or
- An External Audit and Assurance Specialist with significant experience gained from within a large accounting firm or from finance functions from a large and complex organisation. A strong knowledge of Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting is required.
In addition to the above, the following skills and experience are required:
- Exposure to, or experience of being part of a Governance Committee/Board.
- Strong understanding, and preferably, experience of the principles of good governance.
- Strategic foresight and focus.
- CA, CPA or a member of the Risk Management Institute of Australasia.
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (desirable).
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
For more information, please see the briefing document Brief Audit Risk Committee Members 2020.pdf or contact Adrian Prouse on +61 472 691 912.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend