Want to make a difference?
You absolutely can.
Red Cross is one of Australia's most trusted and effective partners in disaster preparedness and response.
Our volunteers help victims of disaster, provide care and comfort to ill and injured service members and veterans, teach lifesaving skills like First Aid and CPR, we help staff blood drives and so much more.
Even if you don't have these kinds of specialist skills needed in a disaster or an emergency, you can still make a huge difference.
Volunteering in a local Red Cross Shop is a way to contribute to your community.
Our new, fast-track Red Cross Shop Volunteering program is your pathway to making a difference today!
What skills do you need?
Volunteers in our Red Cross Shops help create vibrant communities.
We're looking for locals in the community to help make the lives of others better and make a positive impact.
Red Cross Shops sell donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise vital funds for us to continue our work. Every purchase in a Shop means Red Cross can help people overcome hardship, crisis and disaster both here at home and across the Asia Pacific.
Typical skills and activities in a Red Cross Shop:
- Customer service - help shoppers with their questions
- Cash handling - take money and give change to complete sales
- Communication - have a yarn and a laugh with the locals
- Reliable - turn up for shifts, sort donations, complete tasks around the Shop
- Sense of humour - locals love to have a chat and so do your colleagues
- Creativity - create fun and interesting displays to attract customers
- Organisation - complete tasks quickly and efficiently, like sorting donations
For more information, review our Volunteer Role Description Retail Aug 2022 (2).pdf
What does fast-track mean?
Our fast-track program is your pathway to try out volunteering in a Red Cross Shop and means:
- You can start your first shift in a Red Cross Shop quickly
- You can take up to 10 shifts to decide if this is right for you
- You don't have to commit to completing 10 shifts
- You can stop at any time if you decide volunteering isn't right for you
What happens next?
Complete 3 quick steps and we'll fast-track your application so you can start in one of our Red Cross Shops as quickly as possible.
The point of our fast-track program is you have time to get to know us, to learn more about what we do and decide if you want to continue being part of the important work.
As we're confirming your application and getting things in place, we'll email you some information that will help prepare you (and us) for this incredible opportunity.
Ready to give it a go?
Terrific news! Apply now and let's get things rolling for you!