Back to search results
Emergency Services Volunteer - Queensland
Role no: 498789
Availability: Business hours, Evenings, Mornings, Weekends
Time involved: Varied hours
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist us to prepare and support Queensland communities before, during and after a natural disaster.
- Ongoing Position
- Varied Hours/Days for Activation across QLD
- If activated, volunteers are required for minimum of up to 6 days in the field, once per year
- This role requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC).
Red Cross has been responding to emergencies and providing humanitarian assistance in Australia since 1914. We are committed to strengthening and extending our emergency aid services to assist all Australians prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies.
The role suits a volunteer who is 18 years of age or older of an acceptable level of physical and emotional fitness as conditions of work are often challenging
Emergency Services Volunteers help people affected by disaster by:
- Providing quality, practical and innovative information to help people make informed choices about preparing for, responding to and recovering from emergencies;
- Providing psycho-social support to people affected by emergencies;
- Registering people so that they can be found by family and friends in an emergency;
- Working in an Emergency Operations Centre or Field Operations team;
- Performing office-based activities to ensure that Red Cross is prepared and equipped to assist people prepare for, respond to or recover from emergency events;
As an Emergency Services volunteer, you’ll help people to be better prepared, better connected to each other and more resilient when emergencies happen. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network.
To find out more about this opportunity, please refer the volunteer role description VRD-Emergency Services Volunteer Queensland (Sept 22).pdf or contact the Emergency Services Recruitment Team on 1800 733 111.
To submit this an application you will be required to upload a recent copy of your CV.
Red Cross strives to create a safe and inclusive culture with wellbeing at its centre. We embrace diversity and welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with different lived experiences, abilities, gender, ethnicity, age, and sexual orientation. We are a child safe organisation with zero tolerance of any harm to children. Our vision is to be trusted as the leading humanitarian organisation making a genuine difference in the lives of people and communities.
Thank you for considering volunteering at Red Cross. We also have great career opportunities. Click here to find out more.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend