Back to search results
CVS Volunteer - Female, Vietnamese-speaking, Harris Park Aged Care Facility
Role no: 496923
Availability: Business hours, Weekends
Time involved: 1 hour per week
- Female Vietnamese-speaking volunteer required
- 1 hour per week, minimum 6 month commitment
- Location: Harris Park, NSW
- Monday to Sunday within business hours
- Please note, due to the situation with COVID-19, Governments have put visiting restrictions in place to protect residents and workers in residential aged care facilities. In order to visit a residential aged care facility, you may be required to provide evidence that you’ve received an up to date Influenza Vaccination.
- If the Aged Care Facility is closed to volunteer visitors (due to COVID-19-related restrictions or other public health measures), the Community Visitor Volunteer contacts the participant by phone, letter or video-call. Please see the Role Description for further information
Red Cross supports elderly members of the community to be more independent, to improve their wellbeing and social connection, and to remain living in their local community. We do this by matching volunteers with an older person who lives in a residential aged care facility or at home and experiences social isolation.
This role suits someone over the age of 18 who is a good listener and can commit to one hour a week for a social visit to a person living in residential aged care or their own home
As a Community Visitor, you’ll brighten the life of someone suffering vulnerability by offering them company and friendship. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description VRD- CVS Volunteer Female Vietnamese-speaking volunteer required for Aged Care Facility Visits in Harris Park NSW.pdf or contact Alice Anderson on 0448 722 837.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend