Back to search results
Red Cross Shop Volunteer - Hove
Role no: 496280
Availability: Business hours, Weekends
Time involved: 4 hours per week
- Volunteers needed to undertake store duties, which may include customer service and donation sorting
- Minimum commitment 4 hours per week | Shifts Required for Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sun. Shift times are 9-1pm and 1-5pm
- Volunteers must follow Red Cross hygiene and physical distancing protocols, as well as Government stay-at-home advice for higher risk groups
Red Cross Shops sell new and donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to help people in need. Each year, we rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunities to 5000 volunteers, and generate funds to help Red Cross support vulnerable people in Australia and around the world. The proceeds from the sale of items support the vital everyday work of Red Cross, providing relief in times of crisis and care where it's needed most.
Our Hove Red Cross shop is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with store operations.
By joining the team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Provide customer service and process sales
- Create window and visual merchandising displays
- Sort and clean donations, as well as price products for sale
- Contribute your skills and help us raise money for those in need
An openness to undertake whatever tasks are required is essential.
A minimum commitment of four hours a week is required to volunteer. Training is provided.
Red Cross is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community we’d love to hear from you.
As a Red Cross Shops volunteer, you’ll develop valuable retail skills while helping us raise funds to bring care and comfort where it’s needed most. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the world’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description below or contact Kerry McInnes 8100 4681.
VRD Red Cross Shop Volunteer.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend