Back to search results
Soup Patrol Volunteer - Perth Metro
Role no: 495659
Time involved: 1 - 4 hours per week
- A minimum of one shift per month
- The Soup Patrol program operates in Perth Metro area every night
- Volunteers must be available from 5:00pm- 8:00pm
With a focus on individuals, groups and communities in vulnerable situations, volunteers of Soup Patrol Program deliver a free, nutritious evening meal to people who are homeless, socially disadvantaged or on very low incomes.
Volunteers must be over 18 and must have a valid C class driver’s licence. The Soup Patrol Volunteer is required to have excellent communication skills and an understanding and empathy for people from diverse backgrounds, at all times behaving in a completely impartial and non-judgmental manner.
Volunteers will need to:
- Collect soup and serve food provided to all clients
- Act in accordance with Australian Red Cross and Soup Patrol guidelines at all times
- Ensure all sections of the nightly questionnaire are completed accurately
- Clean all equipment and ensure the van, equipment and depot are all neat and tidy at the end of every shift
The Soup Patrol Volunteer positions will allow you to provide practical support to a diverse group of people, and the opportunity to give something back to the community in a friendly, relaxed environment. Red Cross supports people experiencing hardship to gain skills and knowledge, access resources and services and improve social participation.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description VRD - Soup Patrol.pdf or contact Kerriann Larsen on 9225 1970.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend