Back to search results
Data Scientist Volunteer – Sydney CBD
Role no: 495520
Availability: Business hours
Time involved: 1 day per week
- Ongoing Role
- Up to 14 hours per week, Monday to Friday
This role contributes to ongoing research conducted by our Engagement & Support team, to further enhance programs and services throughout our organisation.
This is an opportunity for someone with a keen interest in the charity sector to conduct high-quality statistical research based on academic literature. This role is flexible, with the option to work from home and/or from our office location in the heart of Sydney CBD.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Read and interpret research papers related to the charity (i.e., academic literature review);
- Interpret data from varying external sources (e.g., academic research, open data, etc.) and link them to the Red Cross business using statistical techniques;
- Design custom research based on the literature;
- Conduct statistical research related to the charity/not for profit sector with the collaboration of internal Red Cross teams;
- Deliver insights and recommendations (e.g., trends, patterns, relationships, opportunities);
- Produce reports as required;
- Follow Agile project management and development practices.
Through ongoing research, we can further develop our capacity to deliver services nationally as well as being able to link findings to make improvements.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a university student or someone with a keen interest in conducting research to grow and find mentorship in a large charity organisation.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description Volunteer Role Description - Data Scientist - SAH.pdf or contact Mahendra Samarawickrama on 02 8651 8843.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend