Back to search results
Young Humanitarians Project Volunteer - Western Sydney
Role no: 495448
Availability: Business hours, Evenings, Mornings, Weekends
Time involved: As required
- Time Commitment – Flexible.
- We have ongoing events, activities and training opportunities you can be involved in.
- Some weekday availability needed.
What makes the Young Humanitarians Project special?
- Young people can use their skills to support community resilience through volunteering and community engagement opportunities in the Australian Red Cross Emergency Services team.
- Young people can learn new skills through attending interactive training opportunities.
- Young people will get a chance to meet like-minded individuals and grow their networks.
There are lots of ways you can get involved including:
- Youth and Community events.
- Supporting young people from newly arrived refugee and migrant backgrounds- becoming a peer mentor.
- Attend training sessions.
- Community engagement opportunities – with the Emergency Services Team.
- Develop work experience and communication skills.
- Social media and digital content creation opportunities.
- Learn about other teams in Australian Red Cross and collaborate with them.
Expand your networks, make friends, learn new skills, and encourage other young people to get engaged and inspired.
By being part of the Project you will:
- Empower young people to make a difference and take action
- Assist communities to be prepared for emergencies
- Encounter different cultural worlds, support others, and put your skills into action.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A young person aged 18 – 30 years of age.
- A young person who identifies as multicultural (refugee, migrant or culturally diverse background).
- Lives in Sydney.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description Volunteer Role Description - Emergency Services Young Humanitarians Project Team.pdf or contact Rebecca Teale-Sinclair on 02 9290 8942.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend