Back to search results
Volunteer Gardener - Kalgoorlie
Role no: 494399
Availability: Business hours, Weekends
Time involved: 1 - 4 hours per week
Location: Regional WA
- Time frame: ongoing, as needed
- Time involved: approx 4 hours per week
The Red Cross has a community services office at Lane St and two Short Stay Accommodation Facilities that provide short or longer term accommodation to ATSI people who are staying in Kalgoorlie-Boulder for business, medical appointments or personal needs. All sites have lawn areas that need regular maintenance and rubbish pick-up.
The Volunteer Gardener will be responsible for the general maintenance of the grounds and gardens of the Red Cross offices at Lane Street, Outridge Terrace, and/or Boulder Short Stay.
- Maintenance of grounds, flower beds and other grassed areas, including weeding, mulching, pruning, fertilising and other general maintenance as necessary.
- Alerting the Admin Officer of any problem areas.
- Keeping all the equipment maintained in a satisfactory, safe and workable condition.
- Flexibility and willingness to help where needed.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Diligent attention to detail and safety.
- Able to prioritise, organise and complete tasks within set timeframes.
- Able to resolve problems efficiently.
- Able to operate small machinery as necessary (i.e. hand mower or power mower).
Make a difference in the lives of the clients and residents who come to our sites as you keep our areas beautiful, safe, and welcoming for all visitors. Demonstrate good role modelling and get to know some of our residents and clients as they interact with you. Be a part of the largest humanitarian organization in the world and have the opportunity to network, take part in online training through the International Federation of the Red Cross, and utilize the Power of Humanity in a tangible way.
For more information, please see Volunteer Gardener PD.doc or contact Nina Gadmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9026 1617.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Submit your application
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to Red Cross by completing an online application.
Meet with us
Have a chat with us about the volunteer role you have applied for and see whether it’s a good match for you and for us.
Complete some checks
If you are successful in getting the role we’ll ask you to complete a Police Check. In some cases a Working With Children Check may also be required.
At this stage, it’s time for your induction and training as you’re now an official Red Cross Volunteer.
Apply now Refer a friend